SEARCH TOM'S BORING MORDHEIM BLOG

Pages

Forum

Paintservice

BTB

Sunday 1 August 2010

Scratch made Painting Station

Hi guys!

A friend of mine recently started Warhammer (no doubt lured into it by the release of the new 8th edition of WHFB) and I thought I'd make him a little present - his imminent birthday being a perfect excuse.

I decided to make him his very first painting station, and thought it would be nice to share some pics. Enjoy!





Cutting out holes for water pots


Here I am making the handles on the sides of the tray. I cut out two holes and then joined them by carefully cutting out the middle section.

1 done, 1 to go

Eeeet voilĂ ! :)

I glued and screwed the parts together for max stability. I also smoothed all edges with sand paper. The overall result is really nice I think . Total cost: €4 (and that's counting glue and screws) + 2h assembly time.


4 comments:

botwt said...

Very nice job on the paint station!
I'm sure your buddy will be very happy to receive it for his birthday. :)

Gonewild40k said...

This is a bad ass tutorial! Thanks, I'll definitely be making this myself after the move!

Tony said...

Very good and thanks for sharing.

I have a home-made painting station built to much the same design, but I used an old melamine shelf as the base and the back and shelf were built from 3mm thick plastic, salvaged from a plastic sign.

My PS has seen over ten years of service, I hope the one you built, serves you just as well.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Kuffeh said...

That's an awesome gift for any gamer to receive. Great work and looks really quite simple.